I have been trying to make us a lot more hearty, homemade soups lately. They are a great way to get nutrients in and keep warm during the winter months.
G and I love lentil soup. It's a staple food where we come from, so it reminds us of home and fills us up. We often have a big bowl of it for dinner and are full!
It also makes a great soup for the festive season, so I thought I would share the recipe with you.
What you need:
- 2 Onions - chopped
- 2 Carrots - chopped
- 1 Large baking Potato - diced
- 1 cup of Red Lentils
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Chop your onions, carrots and dice your potato.
- Heat up some olive oil, throw in the onions, carrots and potato.
- Add in the cup of red lentils, followed by 6 cups of water.
- Add your seasoning, I prefer to hold the salt until the end to avoid overloading the dish with salt.
- Bring to boil, then let simmer for about an hour.
- Once all the vegetables are very soft, grab your hand blander and blend everything together.
- You should end up with a nice soft and thick texture.
You can also watch the How to Make Lentil Soup video on YouTube below.
Happy Healthy Living,